A very tasty spice rub from Afghanistan / Yemen suited to rub on meat. Also works on vegetables, seafood & even eggs. Try grilling, BBQing or roasting!
Afghan Lamb Kebab Recipe
1) Thread 600gm of cubed meat onto skewers. (lamb chicken, or beef all taste great with this blend)
2) Sprinkle 1-2 tbsp Afghan Lamb blend (Hawayej) over skewers with salt to taste.
3) Press spice onto meat.
4) Cover and rest in fridge for an hour
5) Grill or BBQ until meat is cooked & tender.
6) Serve with baked potatoes & a fresh, zesty salad
Afghan Lamb spice blend contains:
Spices including cardamom, fennel, paprika, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, chilli